As part of the consolidation of the achievements of the implementation of the Regional Storage Strategy, the ECOWAS Commission, through the Regional Agency for Agriculture and Food, wishes to proceed with the "Selection of an, Expert consultant in charge of capacity building at the proximity stock level ".
The detailed terms of reference of the call for applications are available at the following address: https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fo/mmn0m5ni354n5i2xgab9o/h?dl=0&rlkey=rnz1bp40t8dwkppaxl6tch9k6
Eligibility and Qualifications
This notice is open to any person having the required qualifications as detailed in the attached terms of reference. The attention of interested individual consultants is particularly drawn to Article 117 of the revised ECOWAS Public Procurement Code ("Offences committed by candidates, tenderers and successful tenderers"), which provides information on corrupt or fraudulent practices in the competition or execution of a contract. In addition, please refer to the following specific information on conflicts of interest related to this assignment in accordance with Article 118 of the revised ECOWAS Public Procurement Code.
The consultant must hold a Master's degree (BAC+5) in the field of rural development (agriculture, livestock, forestry, fisheries, ...), sociology, agro-economics, management of professional agricultural organizations or in any other related field; and meet the following requirements:
- Demonstrate participation in additional training in the field of support for Farmers' and Breeders' Organizations.
- To prove at least ten (10) years of experience in capacity building of Farmers' and Breeders' Organizations in West Africa;
- Have at least five (5) years of experience in supporting stakeholders in the field of proximity storage (in deficit areas, surplus areas or livestock feed);
- Have experience in designing and managing group marketing (surplus areas), group procurement (deficit areas) or feed management schemes;
- Have experience in collecting, managing, analyzing and disseminating information on food security stocks in West Africa;
- Have experience in a regional project funded by the World Bank or other TFPs is an asset;
- Have experience working with an ECOWAS Institution, Agency or technical arm is a major asset.
The application file consists of:
- A letter of motivation, including the period of availability;
- A recent curriculum vitae detailing the professional experience and similar missions;
- Three professional references (full name, current position, position at the time of collaboration with the Consultant, email and telephone contacts);
- Copy of the highest diploma in accounting/finance or management;
- Copy of the certificates of work or service rendered, listed in the curriculum vitae.
Receipt of applications
- Deadline for receipt of applications: March 15, 2023, at 5:00 p.m. GMT.
- Submission Links: Applications should be submitted by uploading to Dropbox https://www.dropbox.com/request/xwUCNQk9ZdPf1pusAPop
- Application format: the application must be in the form of a single PDF file.
The RAAF reserves the right not to consider applications that do not comply with the above submission requirements.
The consultant will be selected according to the qualification-based selection method as defined in the ECOWAS Procurement Code. An interview to assess knowledge, skills and abilities will be organized with the best candidates.
Only shortlisted consultants will be contacted. In the case of equal competence, preference will be given to female candidates.
The RAAF reserves the right not to proceed with this notice.
Request for additional information
Interested consultants may obtain further information by writing to the following e-mail addresses: firstname.lastname@example.org cc: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "SCI03- Selection of Consultant, Expert consultant in charge of capacity building at the proximity stock ".
Terms of reference