The Project Preparation and Development Unit (PPDU) is a specialized agency of the ECOWAS Commission and is based in the Togolese Republic. In February 2015, the ECOWAS PPDU received financial support from AECID through a Memorandum of Understanding signed between the ECOWAS Commission and the Spanish Co-operation for International Development (AECID). To this end, the ECOWAS PPDU wishes to use part of these funds to conduct an expenditure verification regarding the financing from AECID in support to PPDU.
The overall objective of the expenditure verification exercise is to assess the financial administration and compliance regarding utilization of the AECID funds for the period 2016 – 2020.
The consulting services (“the Services”) shall include but not necessarily limited to the duties and responsibilities outlined below:
- Review of Bank Statements
- Reconciliation of Bank Statements
- Verification of Payments
- Assessment of Existing Financial Management System
- Any other duties assigned by PPDU Management
The ECOWAS PPDU now invites eligible Individual Consultants (“Consultants”) to indicate their interest in providing the Services. Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services. The shortlisting criteria are as follow:
- Advanced university degree (Master's degree or equivalent) Accounting, Financial Management and/or a related field.
- Accounting Certification from a recognized institution will be an advantage
- Must have at least 10 years experience in the conducting accounting verification exercise for reputable institutions
- Must have conducted at least three similar exercise within the ECOWAS region in past 05 years
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team and a multicultural environment;
- Proven knowledge of the international accounting practices and standards;
- Knowledge of ECOWAS Financial Procedures will be an advanatage
The personnel should be fluent in at least two of the Official working languages of ECOWAS (English, French or Portuguese) and the knowledge of a third ECOWAS language would be an advantage.
The duration of the contract shall be for a maximum period of twenty five(25) days . The assignment is part time and will involve at least one mission to PPDU Office in Lome, TOGO.
NB: The attention of interested consulting firms is particularly drawn to Article 118 of the ECOWAS Revised Procurement Code (“Infringements by Candidates, Bidders and Awardees”), providing information on corrupt or fraudulent practices in competing for or executing a contract. In addition, please refer to the following specific information on conflict of interest related to this assignment as per “Article 119 of the ECOWAS Revised Procurement Code.
The Consultants will be selected in accordance with the Selection of Individual Consultant set out in the Consultant Guidelines. The shortlisted candidates will be interviewed for the position.
Interested consultants may obtain further information at the email addresses below during office hours: Monday to Friday from 9.00 am GMT to 5.00 pm GMT.
Expressions of Interest (1 original and 2 copies) must be delivered in sealed envelopes and clearly marked “Selection of Individual Consultant for Expenditure verification on AECID Support to the ECOWAS Project Preparation and Development” to the address below latest by 28th May, 2021 at 11.00 am (GMT).
The PPDU Tender Box is located in the Office of PPDU located at IMMEUBLE BIDC Third Floor, 128 Boulevard du 13 Janvier, Lome, TOGO.
Please note that electronic submissions are not accepted and will not be evaluated.
This EOI is also published on the ECOWAS website http://www.ecowas.int/doing-business-in-ecowas/ecowas-procurement