The Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) has obtained funds from the West African Development Bank (BOAD) to finance the Regional Project "Promotion of Climate Smart Agriculture in West Africa" (CSA), and intends to use part of these funds to make payments under the service contract (intellectual services) of a consultant for the regional coordination of the project (Contract No.: ARAA/PAIC/2021/DOT/N°02).
Tasks and responsibility:
Ensure the administrative and financial management of the project as a whole;
- Participate in the awarding and monitoring of contracts;
- Participate in the logistical organisation of missions and regional workshops and trainings;
- Support the coordinator in monitoring country activities.
The project will be implemented on the basis of an annual work plan and budget (AWPB) validated by the steering committee with a notice of no objection from the BOAD.
The monitoring of the implementation of the AWPB will be done through the organisation of technical project committee meetings. This organisation is the responsibility of the coordinator.
The duration of the project is three years and covers the period from 2021 to 2023. The project will be implemented on the basis of three-year planning and will be broken down into annual planning.
Interested candidates are invited to express their interest in providing the services described above by providing information indicating that they are qualified to perform the services (the nature of the candidate's activities and the number of years of experience, the candidate's qualifications in the field of services and in particular references concerning the performance of similar contracts). Candidates are requested to provide this information in no more than 10 pages. Selection will be made on the basis of the candidates' qualifications.
The procedure for this notice shall be conducted in accordance with the Guidelines for the Procurement of Consultancy Services financed by a loan or an advance of funds from the West African Development Bank.
A pre-selection will first be carried out on the basis of the files and the following criteria:
General qualification and suitability for the proposed mission 20%.
Similar experiences in the field of expertise described 50%
Experience with the bank or other international donors 20%
Knowledge of the region 5%.
Language knowledge 5%.
Only the first six (6) candidates with a minimum score of 70% will be called for an interview for the final selection and will be ranked according to the following criteria:
Commitment, motivation and availability 15%
Knowledge of commitments and mastery of
Climate Smart Agriculture approaches to climate change 25%
Team spirit, listening 25%
Organisation and team management 25%.
Knowledge of ECOWAS 10%.
Main qualifications required
- Hold a diploma at Bac + 5 level (master's degree in accounting, management, finance, auditing or management control) or in a related discipline;
- Financial and budgetary management skills on at least 1 project in West Africa;
- Proven skills in awarding and monitoring contracts on at least one international cooperation project: drafting of administrative award documents, drafting of contracts and minutes, definition of award criteria, administrative and financial monitoring, participation in tender evaluation committees;
- Skills / knowledge / experience in the implementation of BOAD, ECOWAS and/or World Bank procedures;
- Proof of at least 7 years of professional experience in fields relevant to the Project (management, accounting, budget monitoring, procurement, etc.);
- Proof of at least one experience in grant monitoring and monitoring of financing agreements signed with delegated contracting authorities;
- To justify at least one proven experience in the budgetary and accounting consolidation of multiple data from multiple structures;
- Have used accounting software;
- Knowledge of SAP software (FICO) would be an asset;
- Proficiency in one of the 3 working languages of ECOWAS (French, English, Portuguese) is expected;
- Knowledge of ECOWAS and BOAD would be appreciated;
- Have the nationality of one of the ECOWAS countries.
The application for this consultation must be accompanied by a file containing :
- A letter of motivation;
- A detailed curriculum vitae;
- Copies of diplomas, attestations and certificates;
- Three professional references.
Submission of applications
Applications must be received no later than Monday, July 19, 2021 at 12:00 GMT at the following address:
Agence Régionale pour l'Agriculture et l'Alimentation (ARAA), 83, Rue de Pâture, Lomé, Togo- Postal Code: 01 BP 4817 Lomé-Togo- Administration and Finance Division
Telephone: 00228 22 21 40 03
(In a sealed envelope marked: "Application for the position of Administration, Finance and Procurement Officer for the Regional Project for the Promotion of Climate Smart Agriculture (CSA) in West Africa") or by email at the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
NB: Applications that do not bear the following mention: "Application for the position of Administration, Finance and Procurement Officer of the Regional Project for the Promotion of Climate Smart Agriculture in West Africa" will not be considered.
For all enquiries about the Consultant Selection Notice please contact Mr.:
Bilgo Ablassé : E mail : email@example.com/ Tél. +228 92 73 47 11
Sani Abdou Koraou: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: +228 70 34 73 89
The Consultant will be selected using the qualification-based selection method in accordance with the Guidelines for Procurement of Consultancy Services financed by a loan or cash advance from the West African Development Bank. A short list of six (6) candidates will be drawn up for interviews. In the event of a tie, the candidate with the most years of experience will be selected for an interview. The candidate ranked first at the end of the interviews will be awarded the contract.