Addendum N°1 concerning the postponement of the date of submission of applications and the age of the consultants
Applications shall be received no later than July 15, 2021 at 5:00 PM GMT, by hand-delivery or email to the following addresses:
Agence Régionale pour l'Agriculture et l'Alimentation (ARAA), 83, rue des Pâtures (Super Taco), 01 BP 4817 Lomé, Togo - Tel.+228 22 21 40 03
Email : email@example.com
No age limit
Kindly find below the Addendum
ECOWAS member states adopted the regional agricultural policy (ECOWAP) in 2005. Since its inception, the US government has contributed to funding ECOWAP. The ECOWAP Support Program 2021-2023 defines the ECOWAS Commission's scope and priorities for continued USAID institutional and operational support to the Directorate of Agriculture and Rural Development. The Directorate's mandate is to guide policy development and pilot regional programming to better enable agricultural development.
The objective of the program, in line with ECOWAP, is regional agricultural development for sustainable food and nutrition security. Operational support primarily aims to promote priority policy measures on intra-regional trade. Institutional support initiatives more generally aim to accelerate the overall implementation of agreed regional and national investment plans for agricultural and food and nutrition security with improved stakeholder engagement.
The defined scope and priorities of the ECOWAP 20212023 support program are consistent with what has been an ongoing and evolving relationship with USAID in West Africa. Efforts to reduce trade barriers and harmonize phytosanitary sanitary standards remain key initiatives of the program. Building a knowledge management system and conducting effective joint sector reviews for informed national and regional decision-making are priorities for continued institutional support over the next three years. Similarly, the continued establishment of the ECOWAS Agriculture and Food Development Fund is a priority in terms of broadening the financial base for the implementation of ECOWAP.
Program stakeholders include the 15 member countries, producer organizations, private non-profit and for-profit entities, civil society interests, and technical and financial partners. The program's beneficiaries are West African agricultural producers and traders, food processors and distributors, and consumers. Hundreds of professional and technical staff from member governments will benefit from the proposed training activities to build organizational capacity and improve public sector service delivery. Dozens of non-government stakeholders will be invited to participate in training and information sharing activities for organizational strengthening of affiliates, better coordination of private sector interests, and improved advocacy capacity in support of ECOWAP measures.
The Directorate of Agriculture and Rural Development through the Regional Agency for Agriculture and Food (RAAF) wishes to use part of these funds for the recruitment and support of an expert in charge of managing the funds.
Under the direct supervision of the Head of the Administration and Finance Unit of the RAAF, the Expert will ensure, in accordance with the Program Operation Plan, the administrative and financial management of the program resources. He/she will ensure proper contracting for the acquisition of goods and services for ECOWAS. He/she will also ensure the management of any funds mobilized by ECOWAS whose management is delegated to any other designated structure and will intervene with the institutions where ECOWAS actions are implemented.
- Develop the annual program implementation letter budget in collaboration with the technical experts to be submitted to the Director of Agriculture and Rural Development of ECOWAS, and the financial monitoring of its implementation;
- Assure cash flow management, including the formulation of accurate forecasts for the project budget and other ECOWAS budgets entrusted to it in compliance with the principles of good financial governance and the performance of financial and material resources in accordance with approved and regulatory accounting and financial standards and guidelines;
- Ensure the recording of transactions in the accounting management system and produce monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual financial reports;
- Prepare and monitor budget commitments, mandates and payments related to the project and any other ECOWAS action funding entrusted to it;
- Ensure proper enforcement of ECOWAS labor laws;
- Implement ECOWAS budgetary control procedures and ensure that approved budgetary expenditures comply with established ECOWAS procedures and processes;
- Ensure the preparation and supervision of consulting and audit missions commissioned by ECOWAS;
- Ensure retention of all supporting financial documents for audits and participate in the mobilization of financial resources;
- Prepare and organize meetings, workshops, seminars, of ECOWAS and its partners;
- Support ECOWAS in the process of contracting and in procurement of goods and services for the benefit of ECOWAS and its partners in accordance with the procedures of the donors and the regulations in force;
- Ensure timely preparation and submission of all financial reports;
- Ensure periodic monthly program funding requests;
- Intervene administratively and financially with all structures and institutions where ECOWAS actions are implemented;
- Ensure the management of any other funds mobilized by ECOWAS whose implementation could be done through another institution;
- Perform any other official duties as assigned by line management.
- Have a postgraduate degree (at least BAC [school leaving certificate] + 5) in economics, finance and accounting, business administration or equivalent;
- Have at least one professional qualification or certification in management will be an asset;
- Have at least ten (10) years of administrative and financial, or business management experience with a financial management background in a regional or international organization;
- Have a perfect knowledge of the management procedures of donor funds, particularly USAID and the European Union;
- Have proven experience in managing ECOWAS funds delegated to another partner institution is an advantage;
- Have proven knowledge of computerized accounting systems, Excel, Power Point, budgeting and strategic financial planning;
- Be able to work independently with minimal supervision and possess a high degree of integrity and accountability;
- Have the ability to develop reports and present the ECOWAS position in a sensitive manner;
- Have a good knowledge of current ECOWAS donor procedures;
- Have a good knowledge of the ECOWAS context and its agricultural development implementation partners (ECOWAP/CAADP) and ECOWAS priorities;
- Be able to work in a multidisciplinary team and under pressure, in a network and have the sense of organization, negotiation and consensus building.
- Demonstrated expertise in finance and administration, accounting, economics or equivalent discipline;
- Proven ability to plan and organize work. Ability to make timely decisions and monitor the implementation;
- Demonstrated oral, written and presentation skills, including the ability to present information clearly and succinctly;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively in a multicultural and diverse organization; ability to build consensus among people with differing viewpoints;
- Ability to exercise judgment and initiative, imagination and ingenuity, energy and insight, ability to implement an effective work structure to maximize productivity and achieve institutional goals. Good computer skills, including word processing, spreadsheet applications and use of the Internet;
- Ability to make numerous trips within the framework of the actions to be carried out;
- Strong computer skills including proficiency in major MS Office applications and Internet use.
Have a perfect command of one of the official languages of ECOWAS: French, English and Portuguese. A good written/spoken knowledge of a second language will be an asset.
Place, Duration and Start of the Contract
- The consultant will be based at ARAA, Lomé, Togo or at a partner institution as needed;
- The mission will start within two weeks following the signature of the contract for intellectual services.
- The duration of the mission is twelve (12) months with the possibility of renewal depending on the availability of funds and the performance of the consultant;
The application consists of:
A letter of interest, including the time frame for availability;
- A recent résumé detailing work experience and similar missions;
- Three professional references (full names, positions, emails and phone contacts);
- Copy of highest degree(s);
- Copies of work or service certificates listed on the résumé.
NB: Any incomplete application will be rejected.
The candidate must not be older than 55 years old at the time of the application, must be in excellent physical condition for long meetings and extensive potential travel within ECOWAS Member States and outside the Community, as required.
Submission of Applications
Applications shall be received no later than 1st July at 5 pm GMT, by hand delivery or by email to the following address: Agence Régionale pour l'Agriculture et l'Alimentation (ARAA), 83, rue de la s Pâture (Super Taco), 01 BP 4817 Lomé, Togo - Tel. +228 22 21 40 03 (in a sealed envelope marked "Selection of an individual consultant, Expert in charge of Funds Management in support of the implementation of the ECOWAP-USAID's 2021-2023 operational plan".
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. In the subject line: "Selection of an individual consultant, fund management expert to support the implementation of the ECOWAP-USAID's 2021-2023 operational plan".
NB: Applications that do not include the following in the subject line "Selection of an Individual Consultant, Fund Management Expert to support the implementation of the ECOWAP-USAID 2021-2023 Operational Plan" will not be considered.
The consultant will be selected according to the qualification-based selection method as defined in the ECOWAS Public Procurement Code. An interview session will be held with a shortlist of candidates and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The RAAF reserves the right not to respond to this call for applications