REGIONAL AGENCY FOR AGRICULTURE AND FOOD
AGENCE RÉGIONALE POUR L'AGRICULTURE ET L'ALIMENTATION
AGÊNCIA REGIONAL DA AGRICULTURA E ALIMENTAÇÃO
Empowering 300 households in Durumi, Kuchingoro and Kuje Internally Displaced Persons (IDP) Camps through agriculture for improved livelihoods and income generation
Nigeria, Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Abuja
- Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development (FMARD);
- Agricultural Development Project (FCT-ADP);
- West African Institute for Trade, Agric and Development (WAITAD);
- National Commission for Refugee, Migrants and IDPs,
- IDPs and Host Community Association, and (vi) National Agriculture Seed Council.
300 Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs) in Kuje, Durumi and Kuchingoro
IDPs, their households, Host Communities and government
- Project introduction/planning and staff mobilization
- Selection and registration of beneficiaries data
- Procurement of inputs and tools
- Pre-season training
- Distribution of inputs (improved seeds, chemicals and fertilizer)
- In-season training
- Post-harvest training
- Conduct monitoring and supervision all through the project cycle
To empower 300 selected IDP households for improved incomes and livelihoods through agricultural production.
- Provide agriculture livelihoods option for selected IDPs in 3 camps in Abuja and build their capacity for improved productivity along selected crop (Maize and groundnut) value chains.
- Enhance food/nutrition security mechanisms for the IDPs and host community households through agronomic trainings and agriculture extension services, with a specific emphasis on grain production/storage and market access improvement.
- Foster access to agricultural tools and coping mechanism between the IDPs and host community households geared towards maximizing land use and access thereof.
- Job creation;
- Livelihoods empowerment;
- Limproved food/nutrition security;
- Reduced dependence on handouts from government and other philanthropists;
- Increased food production and income generation;
- Improved collaboration with host communities;
- Graduation from Social Security Program which is currently a burden on government (exit from IDP camps).