- As part of its activity programme for the year 2023, the ECOWAS Commission is planning to select a consulting firm to conduct the architectural and technical studies, supervision and control of the construction works of the headquarters of ECOWAS institutions in Lomé.
- The ECOWAS Commission invites Applicants to express their interest in providing the Services described above. This Call for Expressions of Interest is addressed to: Consulting Firms duly constituted and approved (architectural firms, engineering firms).
- Eligibility criteria: Any legal entity is eligible subject to the conditions of exclusion from the procurement process as set out in Article 10 of the ECOWAS Procurement Code. The attention of interested individual consultants is particularly drawn to Article 118 of the revised ECOWAS Procurement Code ("Offences by candidates, bidders and successful bidders"), which provides information on corrupt or fraudulent practices in the competition or performance of a contract. In addition, please refer to the following specific information on conflicts of interest related to this assignment, in accordance with "Article 119 of the revised ECOWAS Public Procurement Code". The ECOWAS Public Procurement Code is available at https://ecowas.int/nwp_events/resources-offical-documents/
- Respondents may submit only one application on their own behalf or as a Group. If an Applicant (including a member of a Consortium) submits or participates in several applications, these ‑will be eliminated. However, the same Subcontractor may participate in several applications.
- If the Respondent is a Consortium, the Expression of Interest must include
- a copy of the Consortium agreement concluded by all its members, or
- a letter of intent to form a Consortium, signed by all its members, including a copy of the proposed Consortium agreement.
In the event that this document is not provided, the other members will be considered as subcontractors.
- The credentials and qualifications of the Subcontractors shall not be taken into account in the appraisal of the applications.
- Interested Applicants must provide information demonstrating that they are qualified and experienced to perform the Services. In this regard, they shall provide evidence of recent and similar work references. In order to meet the criteria listed below, consultancy firms must provide tangible evidence and detailed references for all statements made in terms of experience and capabilities, similar assignments, availability of appropriate skills amongst their staff, etc. Each reference provided must be summarised on a project sheet and will only be considered and accepted if the applicant attaches supporting documents indicating the contact details of the contracting authorities in order to facilitate verification of the information provided, of the contracts quoted OR copies of certificate(s) of successful completion of each contract submitted, as issued and signed by the Client.
The similarity of the references will be analysed on the basis of:
- The size of the contracts
- The nature of the Services: architectural design, technical studies and supervision of construction works of buildings for use by national or international public bodies;
- The field and technical expertise: architecture, building engineering;
- Geographical context: West Africa;
The Applicant must be an Architectural Firm or Engineering Design Firm or a consortium of Architectural Firms and/or Engineering Design Firms, national (legally established) of the ECOWAS area, (mandatory for the leader and the major part of the staff in the case of a consortium) specialised in technical and architectural studies of buildings, with proven experience in this field:
- Shall demonstrate of having completed at least five (5) assignments in the field of services over the last ten (10) years;
- Must provide evidence of the completion of at least three (03) similar assignments of architectural and technical studies including one (01) assignment financed by technical and financial partners during the last ten (10) years;
- Must provide evidence of the completion of at least three (03) missions of supervision and control of building works including at least two (02) concerning administrative buildings during the last ten (10) years.
The Applicant must have a multidisciplinary team, comprising at least the following specialities:
- An architect
- A civil design engineer or equivalent
- An electrical design engineer or equivalent
- A geotechnical engineer or equivalent
- A senior surveying technician or equivalent
- A senior civil engineering technician or equivalent
- An environmental and social expert
- The ECOWAS Commission will shortlist six (6) to eight (8) Candidates on the basis of the applications received, to whom it will send the Request for Proposal for the performance of the required Services. A Candidate will be selected in accordance with the selection method based on quality and cost as described in the ECOWAS Public Procurement Code.
- Expressions of Interest must be submitted no later than 15 juin 2023 at 10:30 a.m., Togo Time, to the Agence Régionale pour l'Agriculture et l'Alimentation (ARAA), 83 Rue de la Pâture, Supertaco, Lomé, Togo, at the Reception Office on the ground floor.
- Interested Applicants may obtain further information by sending an email to the following addresses: firstname.lastname@example.org; cc: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "AMI001-Study and supervision".